Lyle Lovett - Smile - Songs From The Movies mp3 flac download
Smile is a 2003 compilation of songs performed by Lyle Lovett for various movie soundtracks between 1992 and 2002. Smile was the fifth project by Lovett that did not introduce a new collection of his own songs during the expanse of time between his 1996 Grammy winning The Road to Ensenada and My Baby Don't Tolerate (released later in 2003). Other projects included a 1998 cover album, a 1999 live album, a 2000 movie soundtrack, and a 2001 anthology.
If it hadn't been so long since Lyle Lovett released an album of original songs-that would be 1996's Road to Ensenada-Smile might seem more significant than it really is. Not that it doesn't contain some wonderful music. The concept is simple enough: take 12 songs that Lovett has recorded for various movies since 1992 and put them all on one disc
Compilation album by Lyle Lovett. Straighten Up and Fly Right. Gee Baby, Ain't I Good to You? Smile. Moritat (Mack the Knife). What'd I Say. Till It Shines. You've Got a Friend in Me (with Randy Newman). Pass Me Not. I'm a Soldier in the Army of the Lord.
Smile - Songs From The Movies. 1 more album featuring this track. The Night's Lullaby Songfacts reports that after twenty-six years with Curb, Lyle Lovett released his eleventh and last album for the record label, Release Me, on February 28, 2012. Lyle Lovett is an americana singer-songwriter and actor from Klein, Texas, who has been described as "the thinking man's cowboy". Lyle Lovett is an americana singer-songwriter and actor from Klein, Texas, who has been described as "the thinking man's.
Lyle Lovett is an American singer-songwriter and actor. Active since 1980, he has recorded fourteen albums and released 25 singles to date, including his highest entry, the number 10 chart hit on the . Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, "Cowboy Man". Despite not having charted a Top 40 single on the charts since 1988, all of Lovett's 1990's albums were certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America.
Artist Album Song Title. Smile: Songs From The Movies. Blue skies Smiling at me Nothing but blue skies Do I see. Bluebirds Singing a song Nothing but bluebirds All day long. Never saw the sun shining so bright Never saw things going so right Noticing the days hurrying by When you're in love, my how they fly. Blue days All of them gone Nothing but blue skies From now on. I should care if the wind blows east or west I should fret if the worst looks like the best I should mind if they say it can't be true I should smile, that's exactly what I do. Printer Friendly Version. Smile: Songs From The Movies - 2003.
From the first talkie, songs in movies have found a treasured place in the popular consciousness, as uDiscover Music’s list of the 50 best film songs shows. Randy Newman, the master of biting satire, has always been a fantastic soundtrack composer, and his glorious feel-good song for the Pixar movie Toy Story – sung with Lyle Lovett – became the theme tune for the series of films. You Must Love Me’ (Evita, 1996). Madonna put real emotion – and handled the tricky soprano chords – as she triumphed with one of the 17 demanding songs in Evita, the musical-turned-film story of the life of the First Lady Of Argentina, Eva Perón.
Smile is a 2003 compilation of songs performed by Lyle Lovett for various movie soundtracks between 1992 and 2002. a b S. Renee Dechert, "Compulsive Organizing: Lyle Lovett - Smile: Songs from the Movies", PopMatters, March 14, 2003. php?title Smile (Lyle Lovett album)&oldid 866062137". Categories: 2003 compilation albums.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Bass – John LeftwichDrums – Russ KunkelPiano – Matt RollingsTenor Saxophone – Plas JohnsonWritten-By – Irving Berlin
|2||Straighten Up And Fly Right
Bass – Viktor KraussDrums – Kenny MaloneGuitar – Ray HerndonOrchestrated By – Jeremy LubbockPiano – Matt RollingsWritten-By – Irving Mills, Nat King Cole
|3||Gee Baby, Ain't I Good To You
Bass – Abraham LaborielDrums – John Ferarro*Guitar – David HungatePiano – Matt RollingsWritten-By – Andy Razaf, Don Redman
Bass – Viktor KraussDrums – Russ KunkelPiano – Matt RollingsWritten-By – Charlie Chaplin, Geoffrey Parsons, John Turner
|5||Moritat (Mack The Knife)
Trumpet – Mark IshamWritten-By – Bertolt Brecht, Kurt Weill
Alto Saxophone – David MannArranged By, Conductor – Rob MounseyBaritone Saxophone – Roger RosenbergBass – Viktor KraussConcertmaster – David Nadian*Copyist – Berry Lille, Steve DannenbergDrums – Shawn PeltonGuitar – John TropeaLyrics By [English] – Johnny MercerLyrics By [Original Danish] – Hans BradtkeMusic By – Heinz MeierPiano – Rob MounseyProduction Manager, Contractor – Jill Dell'AbateTenor Saxophone – Dave Tofani, Kenneth HitchcockTrombone – Michael DavisTrumpet – Jeff Kievit, James Hynes*Viola – Crystal Garner, Maryhelen Brennand, Susan Pray*Violin – Abe Appleman, Ann Leathers, Donna Tecco, Jan Mullen, Laura Hamilton, A. Maura Giannini*, Nancy Mcalhany, Yuri Vodovoz
|7||What'd I Say
Alto Saxophone – Andy SnitzerBacking Vocals – Cindy Mizelle, Tawatha Agee*, Vaneese ThomasBass – Viktor KraussDrums – Steve JordanPedal Steel Guitar – Larry CampbellPiano, Arranged By [Horns] – Rob MounseyProduction Manager, Contractor – Jill Dell'AbateTenor Saxophone – Dave Tofani, Lawrence FeldmanWritten-By – Ray Charles
|8||Till It Shines
Bass – Reggie McBrideDrums – Laval BelleElectric Guitar – Dean ParksPiano – Joellen FriedkinVocals [Duet], Acoustic Guitar – Keb' Mo'*Written-By – Bob Seger
|9||You've Got A Friend In Me
Bass – James "Hutch" Hutchinson*Drums – Jim KeltnerEngineer [Assistant] – Jeff De Morris*Guitar – Mark GoldenbergOrgan [Hammond B-3] – Kevin SavigarViolin – Gabe WitcherVocals [Duet], Piano, Harmonium – Randy NewmanWritten-By – Randy Newman
Written-By – Burt Bacharach, Tim RIce
|11||Pass Me Not
Piano – George DukeVocals – Everett Drake, Francine Reed, Wayne Murry , Willie Greene Jr.Written-By – Fanny J. Crosby*, W.H. Doane*
|12||I'm A Soldier In The Army Of The Lord
Bass – Viktor KraussDrums – Jim KeltnerGuitar – Pat BergesonPiano – George DukeVocals – Harry Bowens, Sweet Pea Atkinson, The George Duke Singers, Willie Greene Jr.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – MCA Records
- Copyright (c) – Mike Curb Company, L.L.C.
- Copyright (c) – MCA Records
- Recorded At – Conway Studios
- Recorded At – House Of Therm
- Recorded At – Avatar Studios
- Recorded At – Ocean Way Recording
- Recorded At – Bismeaux Studios
- Mixed At – Conway Studios
- Mixed At – The Complex
- Mixed At – Right Track Recording
- Mixed At – Ocean Way Recording
- Mastered At – The Mastering Lab
- A&R – Jeanne Venton
- Art Direction – Tim Stedman
- Design – Tim Stedman
- Management – Ken Levitan, Vector Management
- Management [Assistant] – Beth Schackne, Kathi Whitley
- Mastered By – Doug Sax
- Mastered By [Assistant] – Robert Hadley
- Mixed By – Allen Sides (tracks: 10), Dave O'Donnell (tracks: 6, 7), Nathaniel Kunkel (tracks: 1, 3, 8, 12), Rik Pekkonen (tracks: 4, 9), Stephen Krause (tracks: 5)
- Photography By – Michael Wilson
- Producer – Billy Williams (tracks: 1-2,4,6, 8,12), Burt Bacharach (tracks: 10), Don Was (tracks: 4,9), Elliot Lurie (tracks: 10), George Duke (tracks: 11, 12), Kevin Moore (tracks: 8), Lyle Lovett (tracks: 1-2, 4-8, 12), Mark Isham (tracks: 5), Matt Rollings (tracks: 3), Russ Titelman (tracks: 6-7)
- Recorded By – Allen Sides (tracks: 10), Dave O'Donnell (tracks: 7), Nathaniel Kunkel (tracks: 1, 3, 4, 10, 12), Rik Pekkonen (tracks: 4, 9), Rob Eaton (tracks: 6), Ross Hogarth (tracks: 8), Stephen Krause (tracks: 5)
NotesThis compilation ℗ 2003 MCA Records © 2003 Mike Curb Company L.L.C./MCA Records
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 08811 31842 0
- Matrix / Runout: LT36 0881131842 #30207Z17
|088 113 184-2||Lyle Lovett||Smile - Songs From The Movies (CD, Comp)||Curb Records, MCA Records||088 113 184-2||US||2003|
|MCAF-25931-2||Lyle Lovett||Smile (CD, Comp, Promo, Adv)||MCA Records, Curb MCA||MCAF-25931-2||US||2002|
- Matt John - The Bridge Remixes flac mp3 album
- John Harmon , Matt Turner - Outside In flac mp3 album
- Nat King Cole - Ballads Of The Day flac mp3 album
- More House School Jazz Band - 13 #11 flac mp3 album
- Van Morrison - Down The Road flac mp3 album
- Matt Redman - We Shall Not Be Shaken flac mp3 album
- Russ Barenberg - Cowboy Calypso flac mp3 album
- Matt Eakle - Flute Jazz flac mp3 album
- Matt Redman - Blessed Be Your Name: The Worship Songs Of Matt Redman Vol. 1 flac mp3 album
- Lyle Lovett - Joshua Judges Ruth flac mp3 album