Frederick Fennell Conducting The Eastman Wind Ensemble - Ballet For Band mp3 flac download
Recorded at the Eastman Theater at the Eastman School of Music, Rochester, NY on October 23 and October 24, 1959, using 3 Telefunken 201 microphones. Cover: SR 90256 Label: SR90256. 코드 및 기타 식별자. Matrix, Runout (Runout side A - machine stamped - this variant): SR 90256A FR1 P17 I A1. Matrix, Runout (Runout side B - machine stamped - this variant): SR 90256B FR1 A2 P17 I. 다른 버전(3개 중3개) 모두 보기. 카탈로그 번호.
Frederick Fennell (July 2, 1914 – December 7, 2004) was an internationally recognized conductor, and one of the primary figures in promoting the Eastman Wind Ensemble as a performing group. He was also influential as a band pedagogue, and greatly affected the field of music education in the USA and abroad. In Fennell's New York Times obituary, colleague Jerry F. Junkin was quoted as saying "He was arguably the most famous band conductor since John Philip Sousa.
Eastman Wind Ensemble, Frederick Fennell. Hammersmith, prelude & scherzo for military band (also version for orchestra), Op. 52, H. 178. Eastman Wind Ensemble, Frederick Fennell. Symphonic Songs for band.
The Eastman Wind Ensemble is an American concert band founded by Frederick Fennell at the Eastman School of Music in 1952. Through the group, Fennell redefined wind ensemble to refer to a specific kind of wind band with only one player per part, and focusing on original wind music rather than orchestral transcriptions. The Eastman Wind Ensemble has premiered over 150 works, including works by composers Bernard Rands and Joseph Schwantner.
Sample this album Artist (Sample). There have been subsequent recordings of the full score, including at least one by Mackerras himself, but this suite is arranged for concert band and is given a first-rate performances by Frederick Fennell and the Eastman Wind Ensemble. For those of us who love Gilbert and Sullivan, hearing some of the familiar songs in instrumental versions is a special treat.
Frederick Fennell Conducting Members Of The Eastman Symphonic Wind Ensemble Tradition Marches And Inspection Pieces (Part 3). (play). The Eastman Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Frederick Fennell The Slow Scotch - Field Music of the US Army/The Camp Duty. Eastman Wind Ensemble, Frederick Fennell 1. The Earle of Oxford's Marche. Frederick Fennell Conducting Members Of The Eastman Symphonic Wind Ensemble Tradition Marches And Inspection Pieces (Part 2). Member(s) of the Eastman Wind Ensemble, Frederick Fennell Taps - Field Music of the US Armed Forces/Bugle Calls. The Eastman Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Frederick Fennell The Prussian - Field Music of the US Army/The Camp Duty.
|Pineapple Poll Suite|
|1||1. Opening Number||3:40|
|2||2. Jasper's Dance||3:15|
|3||3. Poll's Dance||1:14|
|La Boutique Fantasque|
|5||1. Danse Cosaque||1:34|
|7||3. Allegro Non Troppo||0:49|
|10||6. Valse Lente||1:18|
|Faust Ballet Music|
|15||2. Ensemble Of Helen||3:36|
|16||3. The Trojan Maidens||1:31|
|17||4. Cleopatra And Her Nubian Slaves||6:58|
|18||5. Bacchanale Of Rhyne||2:56|
|19||1. Prelude To Act III And Bridal Chorus||8:43|
|20||2. Elsa's Procession To The Cathedral||6:15|
|21||Entry Of The Gods Into Valhalla||7:18|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mercury
- Copyright (c) – Philips Classics Productions
- Arranged By – Dan Godfrey (tracks: 5 to 13, 21), W. J. Duthoit (tracks: 1 to 4), William Winterbottom (tracks: 14 to 18)
- Conductor – Frederick Fennell
- Engineer – Robert Eberenz, C. Robert Fine*
- Orchestra – Eastman Wind Ensemble
- Recording Supervisor – Wilma Cozart Fine*
- Remastered By – Andrew Nicholas, Thomas Ruff*
- Supervised By – Wilma Cozart Fine*
NotesRecorded: 10/1959, USA
Recorded at the Eastman Theater at the Eastman School of Music, Rochester, NY on October 23 and October 24, 1959, using 3 Telefunken 201 microphones.
Originally on Mercury SR90276 and SR90256
"Only ORIGINAL MASTERS used for transfer to Compact Disc"
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: BIEM
- Rights Society: STEMRA
- Barcode: 028943432221
- Rossini - Respighi, Ibert, Kay / Boston Pops, Arthur Fiedler - La Boutique Fantasque / Divertissement / Cakewalk (Excerpts) flac mp3 album
- Orchestre Des Concerts Lamoureux - Ballet de Faust, Coppelia, Sylvia flac mp3 album
- Sir Arthur Sullivan / Sir Charles Mackerras / Sadler's Wells Orchestra - Pineapple Poll Ballet flac mp3 album
- Mantovani And His Orchestra - Ballet Melodies flac mp3 album
- Tchaikovsky / L'Orchestre De La Suisse Romande, Ernest Ansermet - Ballet Music flac mp3 album
- Wagner, Fredrick Fennell, Eastman Wind Ensemble - Wagner For Band flac mp3 album
- Ernest Ansermet - Rossini, Respighi, London Symphony Orchestra, Stravinsky, Suisse Romande Orchestra - Ernest Ansermet Conducts Ballet Music flac mp3 album
- Frederick Fennell, Eastman Wind Ensemble - Sousa Favorites flac mp3 album
- Frederick Fennell, The London "Pops" Orchestra - Carousel Waltz And Other Orchestral Dance Favorites flac mp3 album
- Tchaikovsky - Ballet Suites flac mp3 album