The Carla Bley Big Band - Goes To Church mp3 flac download
Starting with "Setting Calvin's Waltz," a gentle, reverent blues that blooms into a nearly 24 minute workout for the whole ensemble, the album displays Bley's spontenaiety, flexibility and lightness, unique to her and few others within the modern large group format. It helps that this material is highly sympathetic to her style - as Bley's band splits apart into sections and solos, then reforms again, echoes can be heard of gospel music, with its powerful choirs counterpointed by the clarity of a single voice
Carla Bley at Keystone Korner, San Francisco 1979. Mason's solo debut album Nick Mason's Fictitious Sports was entirely written by Bley and performed by her regular band with Mason as a guest, making it in effect a Carla Bley album in all but name. She arranged and composed music for bassist Charlie Haden's Liberation Music Orchestra, and wrote A Genuine Tong Funeral for vibraphonist Gary Burton. The Carla Bley Big Band Goes to Church (1996). Fancy Chamber Music (1998).
The Carla Bley Big Band Goes to Church (1996). Steve Swallow chronology. Songs with Legs (1994). Parlance (1995) Contents.
Fancy Chamber Music is an album by American composer, bandleader and keyboardist Carla Bley with a chamber ensemble recorded in England in 1997 and released on the Watt/ECM label in 1998. Gary Valente (born 1953) is a notable jazz trombone player. Valente was born in Worcester, Massachusetts and studied at New England Conservatory of Music with John Coffey and Jaki Byard. Moving to New York, he recorded with George Russell's New York Big Band in 1978. He has recorded and performed extensively with Carla Bley and many of her regular associates such as Andy Sheppard
Live album by The Carla Bley Big Band.
Carla Bley - piano Lew Soloff, Guy Barker, Claude Deppa, Steve Waterman - trumpet Gary Valente, Pete Beachill, Chris Dean - trombone Richard Henry - bass trombone Roger Janotta - flute, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone Wolfgang Puschnig - alto saxophone Andy Sheppard, Jerry Underwood - tenor saxophone Julian Arguelles - baritone saxophone Karen Mantler - organ, harmonica Steve Swallow - bass guitar Dennis Mackrel - drums.
Слушайте The Carla Bley Band и скачивайте бесплатно в формате mp3 прямо сейчас, без кодов, смс и регистации. I Hate To Sing - The Carla Bley Band. Very Very Simple - The Carla Bley Band. Setting Calvin's Waltz - The Carla Bley Big Band. Grand Mother - The Carla Bley Big Band.
Setting Calvin's Waltz. 2. Experience/Major. 3. One Way. Carla Bley. 6. Who Will Rescue You? Carla Bley. Carla's Christmas Carols. Carla Bley November 3, 2009. Carla Bley June 27, 2000.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Setting Calvin's Waltz||23:51|
|2||Exaltation / Religious Experience / Major
Composed By [Exaltation] – Carl RugglesComposed By [Religious Experience, Major] – Carla Bley
|6||Who Will Rescue You?||7:50|
- Record Company – BMG Entertainment
- Distributed By – BMG Music
- Manufactured By – BMG Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WATT Works, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – ECM Records GmbH
- Copyright (c) – ECM Records GmbH
- Copyright (c) – WATT Works, Inc.
- Pressed By – Sonopress USA – 73237-01
- Published By – Alrac Music
- Published By – Theodore Presser Co.
- Recorded At – Chiesa San Francesco Al Prato, Perugia
- Mixed At – Grog Kill Studio
- Mastered At – Make Believe Ballroom
- Alto Saxophone – Wolfgang Puschnig
- Art Direction – Megan Denver
- Artwork – David Cohen
- Baritone Saxophone – Julian Argüelles
- Bass – Steve Swallow
- Bass Trombone – Richard Henry
- Composed By – Carla Bley (tracks: 1, 3 to 6)
- Coordinator [General Co-ordination] – Ilene Mark
- Cover [Cover, "The Annunciation"] – Matthias Grünewald
- Design [Album Design] – WATT*
- Drums – Dennis Mackrel
- Engineer – Mirco Bezzi
- Engineer [Live Sound, Assistant] – Sandro Giudici, Vittorio Albani
- Engineer [Live Sound] – Bill Strode
- Flute, Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – Roger Jannotta
- Mastered By – Tom Mark
- Mixed By – Tom Mark
- Organ, Harmonica – Karen Mantler
- Photography By – Bill Strode
- Piano – Carla Bley
- Producer – Steve Swallow
- Producer, Arranged By – Carla Bley
- Tenor Saxophone – Andy Sheppard, Jerry Underwood
- Trombone – Chris Dean, Gary Valente, Pete Beachill
- Trumpet – Claude Deppa, Guy Barker, Lew Soloff, Steve Waterman
NotesRecorded live at Chiesa San Francesco Al Prato, Umbria Jazz, Perugia, Italy (July 19-21, 1996).
1. was commissioned by the Berlin Jazz Festival.
4. was commissioned by the Carnegie Hall Jazz Band.
All music composed and arranged by Carla Bley and published by Alrac Music (BMI) except "Exaltation," composed by Carl Ruggles and published by Theodore Presser (ASCAP).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 81182 31272 2
- Barcode (String): 781182312722
- Matrix / Runout: + + 73237-01 SONOPRESS USA 78118231272
- SPARS Code: DAD
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|WATT/27, 533 682-2||The Carla Bley Big Band||The Carla Bley Big Band Goes To Church (CD, Album)||WATT Works, ECM Records||WATT/27, 533 682-2||Germany||1996|
- Various - Stereoplay: Highlights 15 flac mp3 album
- Paul Bley - Hands On flac mp3 album
- Carla Bley - The Very Big Carla Bley Band flac mp3 album
- Experience Of Music Vs. Godfathers Of Dance - Get On The Floor (A Woman Like You) flac mp3 album
- John Greaves / Peter Blegvad / Lisa Herman - Kew. Rhone. flac mp3 album
- Gary Burton - Selected Recordings flac mp3 album
- Paul Bley - Changing Hands flac mp3 album
- The Carla Bley Big Band - Looking For America flac mp3 album
- Paul Bley With Charlie Mingus, Art Blakey - Introducing Paul Bley flac mp3 album
- Karen Mantler - Karen Mantler And Her Cat Arnold Get The Flu flac mp3 album